With the colder temperatures of Fall/Winter coming in, flu season is following closely behind it. Here are some tips to help keep your home, school, workplace, etc. prepared for the flu:
- Routinely clean: commonly touched objects and surfaces can be one of the more common ways to transfer germs and disease. Make sure these surfaces are disinfected routinely throughout the day.
- Keep a supply: Keep a good collection of items such as tissues, wipes, and hand sanitizer to make sure you have enough to last the season.
- Practice good hygiene: it is common to think it is common knowledge, but it is still important to remember the fundamentals. Make sure to wash hands often, cover your cough, and keep your distance if you are not feeling well.
- Plan: someone getting sick can sometimes be inevitable. Make sure you or your work has a plan in place as far as absence and preventative measures.
- Stay home: if you do become sick, the best thing you can do is to stay home. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others.
With COVID-19 still present, it is crucial to make sure that if someone in your school or workplace does become COVID-19 positive to professionally clean and sanitize the area. Based on your specific needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees at SERVPRO of Jackson & Ross, Athens & Gallia Counties have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs. If your place of work or school is facing a breakout, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Jackson & Ross, Athens & Gallia Counties today at (740) 286-2550!