Rain + Rain + Rain = Flooded Basements in Chillicothe, Ohio Homes
This homeowner needed water damage cleanup in the basement of their Chillicothe home. We are the water restoration team you can count on!
Wet winters followed by consistent spring rains, mean homeowners must be on the lookout for moisture in their basement or crawlspace in their southern Ohio homes.
Water follows the path of least resistance, finding cracks and holes in basement walls. Flooding can often be attributed to insufficient drainage around basement walls, heavy rains, a faulty sump pump, or a combination of these factors.
Our SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are highly trained in water damage restoration including basement and crawlspace flooding. We have the experience, expertise, and equipment to remove the water and dry your basement properly. Our water removal and drying process emphasizes monitoring and documentation to validate your property is dry.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Damage Restoration Specialists
- Locally Owned and Operated
Basement Flooding? Call Us Today 740-286-2550
24 Hour Emergency Water Removal Service
Basements can flood day or night, on weekends and even holidays, and that’s why SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties offers 24 emergency service, 365 days a year. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Highly Trained Water Restoration Specialists
As water damage specialists, our team of trained professionals have the expertise and professional training that enables us to get your basement dried properly and any affected belongings cleaned and dried. We use scientific drying principles and provide validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete. Learn about water damage training/certificates.
Proudly serving Jackson, Chillicothe, Athens, Gallipolis and surrounding counties for over 12 years, we have weathered a few storms and are always here to help!
Forecast calls for days of rain! We are here if you need us. Call 740-286-2550 for assistance.
Understanding Smoke and Soot Damage
Extensive smoke and soot damage to this Ross County home.
It finds all the cracks and crevices, and goes everywhere. Smoke and soot is extremely invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Did You Know? Here are some facts about smoke and soot:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 740-286-2550
Preparing Now for Spring Flood Risks and Water Damage Cleanup
While spring brings warmer weather and longer days, it also brings a mix of conditions that include heavy rains and severe storms, increasing the risk of flooding. Be prepared, know the risks and when to take action to protect your family, your home and your business before you find yourself in the middle of a weather event.
Spring flood risks
FEMA provides education materials about what you should know concerning spring flood risks at https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/Spring_Flood_Fact_Sheet.pdf. Some of the highlights included in this material are as follows:
Spring Thaw. Warmer temperatures and resulting snow melt can produce large amounts of runoff in a short period of time, as each cubic foot of compacted snow contains gallons of water. During the early spring, frozen land prevents melting snow or rainfall from seeping into the ground. The water then runs off the surface and flows into lakes, streams, and rivers, causing excess water to spill over their banks. Add seasonal storms to the mix, and the result is often severe spring flooding.
Spring Rains. Spring storms can bring several inches of precipitation in just hours or can stall out over an area for days. These heavy rains can lead to severe flooding by oversaturating the ground, overfilling storm drains, or causing rivers to spill over their banks or levees.
Everyone is at risk for water damage. Preparing now can save you hours of headache later.
- Property owners should prepare now. Contact SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties about an Emergency Ready Plan.
- Conduct a thorough inventory of your home or business. Document your belongings with video and photos, in the event these are damaged by water intrusion.
- If water damage occurs, quick response matters. Call us directly at 740-286-2550 or use our ERP app. Materials holding moisture can develop mold within 24 to 48 hours. Delay can turn water mitigation into mold remediation in just a short window of time.
- Our team will help you file your insurance claim. We will take photos of the water intrusion and keep detailed lists of all damaged or lost personal property.
- Allow us to plan for the repair following the water damage cleanup. No need to contact a second contractor for reconstruction. We've got you covered.
SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties provides emergency services around the clock. We're your local water damage restoration experts.
What it Means to Bleed Green
SERVPRO crews are ready to serve 24/7. Emergency service response can prevent secondary damage following a water loss.
It doesn't matter if we are taking a day trip or traveling across the country, we always spot the big green SERVPRO vehicles on the road. It has become a bit of a game for my family to see how long it takes for one to seemingly appear out of nowhere. Everywhere we go, we see teams of restoration technicians and reconstruction crews in route to help someone in need. Truthfully, it is inspiring! Our dedicated crews are trained and ready to serve customers who have experienced water losses, fire damage, storm damage including roof leaks, fallen trees, and worse. And they know it takes hard work, long hours, and dedication each and every day.
Unexpected disasters don't just happen during business hours. Emergency response crews in Jackson, Chillicothe, Athens and Gallipolis are on call ever hour of every day, so we are ready when you need us most. This is what it means to bleed green! Committed to restoring your home or business, our teams make taking care of your property their priority, so you can keep your business open and sleep in your own bed after a long hard day. It is our job to help put the pieces of "normal life" back together when damage has occurred.
It is critical for you to be able to count on SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties to answer when you call. Our local team is able to deal with any size loss in Jackson, Ross, Vinton, Athens, Meigs, Gallia and Pike Counties. We know too that we can count on the 1700+ franchises across the country to work together to serve you following any large-scale disaster. No loss is too big for the One Team that truly bleeds green!
Spring Storm Damage in Southern and Southeastern Ohio
Spring storm damage in Southeast Ohio can mean roof leaks and wet basements. Call SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties for help.
Spring is upon us in Ohio, which means we will soon be experiencing plenty of rainy days, some thunderstorms, and potential flooding throughout the region. Shingles blown off, leaking roofs, sump pump failures and ground water find its way into wet basements can all cause damage to the homes and businesses we take pride in caring for throughout Jackson, Vinton, Ross, Athens, Meigs and Gallia Counties.
The damage that Mother Nature can cause can be overwhelming, which is why our highly trained water restoration technicians are ready to respond to any size disaster. When you need us most, we are ready to provide all of the following services:
- Water extraction and mitigation
- Drying and dehumidification
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Mold remediation
- Reconstruction following water damage
With the expertise and equipment you can depend on, our teams are ready to respond when you need us most. SERVPRO of Jackson and Ross, Athens and Gallia Counties is always here to help!
Better yet, be proactive and call us today at (740) 286-2550 to schedule an inspection of your home or business so that we may assist you in preparing an Emergency Ready Plan. This process will allow us to best prepared should water damage occur in your property.
Hiring, People Who Love Helping People
We're hiring and we would love for you to join our team. Offering competitive pay, opportunity to train and advance in a career position.
Do you love helping people through difficult situations? Then, don’t miss your chance to join our franchise as a Production Crew Chief. As a first responder to water and fire damage mitigation projects, you will coordinate, manage and perform work activities from start to finish.
- Facilitate a positive customer experience and ensure customer satisfaction of services.
- Communicate clear expectations to production technicians and supervise their activities.
- Coordinate and perform production processes as scheduled and ensure quality control.
- Identify safety hazards, communicate, and establish control measures to ensure the safety of occupants and workers.
- Document a detailed and accurate job file to support the services provided.
- Manage and control labor and consumable usage on assigned projects. Manage assets by protecting and using equipment and materials properly.
- Effective written and oral communication
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration or construction preferred
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, and work in tight spaces such as crawl spaces and attics
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
- Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
- Ability to successfully complete a background check
Please apply in person at our office located at 10704 Chillicothe Pike, Jackson, OH 45640 or by email to jhughes@SERVPROjacksongallia.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Water Damage to Commercial Property
Help us to help you keep your business doors open
Unlocking the doors of your business to find water damage from the night before can be overwhelming and hindering of your ability to provide critical services to your clients. Whether the damage be a small water cleanup scenario or a fully involved event, our teams will work quickly to assess the damage and develop a custom mitigation plan for your place of business. Often, we are able to isolate the areas where water damage has occurred, so you are able to maintain semi-normal operations while we restore your facility.
Ready when you need us most
Our team understands that every minute spent cleaning up can be equivalent to a minute of lost revenue and productivity for your team. Contacting us as soon as unwelcome water is discovered will allow us to dispatch one of our 24/7 on-call teams to assist you day or night.
About SERVPRO of Jackson & Ross, Athens & Gallia Counties
Serving most of southern and southeastern Ohio, our restoration team specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your business location should such a loss occur.
Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500 rankings
SERVPRO #1 in Restoration Services and #10 Overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500 rankings
#1 in Restoration Services for the 21st year and #10 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine’s annual Franchise 500 rankings of the best franchises in America. Travis and I are proud to be a part of this company! For nearly 13 years our local franchise team has served the people of SE Ohio. We're thankful for the support we receive from HQ, those who trust us to care for their homes and businesses and the true heroes on our team who wear the logo on their chest everyday in the field.
In a time when many businesses were left to scale back or temporarily close doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SERVPRO teams were hard at work helping to keep doors open and families safe. This is just one example of why SERVPRO has been named the #1 franchise in the cleaning and restoration industry for the 21st year in a row!
When we decided to purchase our first franchise location back in 2008, one of the most important factors we considered was the nature of the corporate company. It mattered to us that the people providing guidelines and leadership for our team were not shy about their faith in Jesus, their pride in community and country, and their commitment to family which extended to the thousands of franchises across the country. Throughout the years we've seen these principles displayed proudly and we delight in our decision to become part of the SERVPRO family, that makes helping others our legacy.
Words of Gratitude
"Keep doing a great job. We truly appreciate the prompt attention and outstanding professionalism." - Customer, 2/2020
"They were prompt, pleasant, and considerate. There was not one thing that was not perfect. Communication was excellent. I couldn't have been more pleased with the entire experience." -Customer, 8/2020
Customer feedback is critical for our team. It helps us gauge the level of service we provide and is motivation for the next project. Thank you to these customers who spoke simple and kind words of gratitude to the teams serving in their homes. The opportunity to assist you following a damage event was our pleasure and rewarding work. We know home is a safe haven, especially in times like these when social activity is limited by current world events. We are always here to help make water and fire damage "Like it never even happened."
If you have experienced a loss in your home or business, call us today at 740-286-2550.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and peace of mind.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation. 740-286-2550
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Jackson & Ross Counties today at 740-286-2550 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.